Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 106 - 110 of 129
Improved performance and concurrency
We're still working on improving things, and more improvements will come in a short time.
This update (7088655) brings with it the following changes:
- Performance enhancement: A secondary database connection (non-transactional) is now used to perform high-concurrency activities, to minimize waiting between clients.
- Performance enhancement: Session refresh is also performed much less, which should allow increased concurrent activity.
- Performance enhancement: We've decreased the amount of times the database is updated with information about when the last time a logged in user did something.
- Performance enhancement: Logging of last access time on objects and containers has been disabled for anonymous users. For logged-in users it will now only happen if the object is considered "interactive".
- Bugfix: Android browsers should now be able to see something more than just a blank page.
- Enhancement: Album folder layout has been greatly improved.
CEFR HTML email reports and several bugfixes and improvements
Today's update (11f60dac6b) brings with it the following changes:
- New feature: The placement test (CEFR) report email now includes an HTML part in addition to plain text.
- New feature: All emails can now have a header and footer overridden at the normal template levels.
- Improvement: The delete button in the file manager now asks for confirmation.
- Improvement: Cleaned up the layout and behavior of the file manager.
- Bugfix: The radio quiz type now supports multiple correct answers correctly.
- Bugfix: User list didn't sort correctly in all cases. This has now been fixed.
- Bugfix: Group user list didn't sort correctly. This has now been fixed.
- Bugfix: Fix inconsistent amount of vertical whitespace in object reading view (read request handler).
- Bugfix: The list of templates didn't show all available templates recursively. The list should now be complete, and an encoding issue has been fixed as well.
- Bugfix: Overridden text/plain email templates will no longer add excessive whitespace because of Windows newlines.
- Bugfix: Removed HTML cleaning when template was being rendered on page. Also fixed a hard to find character encoding issue related to cleaning up extremely faulty documents.
- Bugfix: Fixed recipient dropdown box width issue in placement test (CEFR) submission user interface.
New update with group enrollment feature and various bugfixes
The update applied today (1743821) brings with it the following changes:
- New feature: It is now possible to create institution groups that students can enroll into without supervisor intervention. The new group_enrollment_ui template handler creates the necessary user interface.
- New feature: User information can now be verified by using the new manage_user_info template handler inside any document. All sites that use self-registration or otherwise add users in bulk are encouraged to add it to a visible start page.
- Bugfix: Missing icons are back in the object and container permissions editor.
- Bugfix: Sites with PIN codes associated with them can now be deleted.
- Bugfix: A workaround for rendering issues in KFN for Internet Explorer 9 users have been implemented.
- Bugfix: Setting your initial avatar picture no longer gives error.
Mostly bugfixes and minor improvements
Today's update (bc4bf9c839) brings with it the following changes:
- New feature: The CEFR placement test now allows location information to be submitted in the email report.
- Performance improvement: The database is no longer consulted when anonymous request handlers are used.
- Enhancement: Updated Swedish translations.
- Enhancement: Request handlers now support dots and other characters in them.
- Enhancement: Lots of code cleanup that should ensure more stable and consistent behavior, and slightly less memory usage.
- Enhancement: All template handlers should now be listed in the developer resources.
- Enhancement: Removed some unused template handlers: email_this, xml_namespace, account_online_count, str_handleEnter, institution_role_array, mediator_iframe_bug, xhtml_mimetype.
- Bugfix: The total amount of users listed in the user list now matches the table contents.
- Bugfix: Login redirection is now more consistent.
- Bugfix: Long titles in blog folders now look better.
- Bugfix: crossdomain.xml and robots.txt is now delivered properly.
- Bugfix: Setting WYSIWYG editor mode no longer gives strange error message when already set.
- Bugfix: Excel spreadsheets uploaded long ago could in some cases render incorrectly.
New video player, video thumbnails, quiz editor bug fixes and more
The update applied today (c2e12b89) brings with it the following changes.
- Album folder view now supports video thumbnails.
- Removed OSFLV and BitGravity FLV/MP4 video playback solutions. We now use FlowPlayer 3.2.7 for both features. This fixes the annoying loader animation at the center of videos.
- The transcode video feature has been moved to the top menu "Edit", and a new option to remove a transcoded video is available.
- Video transcoding now supports original resolution. Also fixed aspect ratio bug with 4:3 videos.
- Page title can be forced to always use site title.
- Arabic (Morocco) was added as a content and translation language.
- Added robots.txt so that search engines won't index uninteresting content.
- Updated base URL to Lexin because UDIR modified their service location.
- The speech synthesis feature is now (again) available to anonymous users.
- Fix problem with malformed HTML entities inside quiz markup when using TinyMCE/WYSIWYG editor.
- Upgraded SoundManager MP3 playback library to v297a-20111030, which fixes a playback issue on Internet Explorer 9.
- Fixed character set encoding issue when unpacking zip file when archive had non-UTF8 filenames.
- User lists now sort according to language definition.
- Self-registration group now shows when editing a site not the same as the site being modified.
- Substantial code cleanup in quiz editor. Should make the code more robust.
- Upgraded to version 5.0.7 of JUpload (our multiple file uploader). This new version uses UTF-8, so filenames should now be preserved correctly, even for non-Latin character sets.
- Request handlers no longer hit the database to figure out if they should be available to anonymous users.
Showing 106-110 of 129