Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 91 - 95 of 129
Several minor problems fixed
This update (d64cd9a) brings with it the following changes:
- It is now possible to force the language used on a specific site, regardless of user and/or browser settings.
- A new button has been added on the user profile page that makes your avatar image available to everyone in one click.
- The course result report has been improved in several ways.
- The rendering speed as been improved.
- The hover feature to show more details was deemed to be a bit annoying, so it was changed to click to toggle instead.
- Now results with a score of 0 should be properly displayed.
- Pagination now includes numbered pages instead of just previous/next buttons.
- Icon rendering is now more consistent. Tooltips should only be rendered if no visible label is present.
- Your contact list now shows groups with a tooltip with the institution name, if present.
- Email links in blog view has been removed. Author link now points to user's profile.
- Search engines should no longer index links to /resolve_path/.
Completely new course activity report
With this update (884ec45) comes the following changes:
- The course result/activity report has been completely rewritten and now includes more information than before. All columns are now sortable for easier navigation. The following information has been added to the report:
- Recording responses and writing documents based on course objects.
- Time spent on reading and answering quizzes.
- Timestamps for last time read, answered, delivered, corrected and modified.
- Full path to the course document.
- Average score for all scores submitted.
- Voice recordings now include information pointing back to the document they were created from. This makes it possible for them to show up in the course result report.
- The Add user to group button in the group membership listing now points to the collection UI.
- The group membership list now includes a button to see activity for selected users. Only the users that are your students will be visible in the activity report. Any non-student user will be silently ignored. This is a feature to protect user's privacy.
- It is now possible to use the collection UI to add users to a non-institution group.
Time tracking issue in Internet Explorer 7 and 8 fixed!
A problem was discovered that caused time tracking to not work properly for users that use Internet Explorer versions older than 9. If you have a log that shows for the most part less than 5 seconds on every single page view, you've probably been bitten by the problem.
This issue should now be fixed. Time tracking from this moment on should be accurate also for Internet Explorer 7 and 8 users.
We apologize for any problems this might have caused our users.
Vastly improved user presence time tracking!
This update (cbdaf4d) contains these changes:
- User activity is now tracked and regularely submitted to the server. It only includes how many seconds since you last touched the keyboard or moved/clicked the mouse (i.e., idle time). This activity tracker is usually hidden, but can be made visible by setting the configuration variable "show_interactivity" to a true value.
- All of this tracked activity is reported in two new reports named User activity and Page views. They are made available from a user's profile page. You can also reach it via the My students report. Look for the new button named Show activity at the bottom of the page. You can only see information about yourself and your students.
- Real-time user activity is kept for 2 weeks, daily summaries for 4 weeks, and weekly summaries are kept forever. This should make it much easier to figure out what a user has been doing. The report is also much more accurate than the old Usage log feature, which is now deprecated and will be removed at some point in the future.
- Sites listed when managing institutions are now ordered by site title.
- New template function called request_handler_name_map(), which is used to lookup the label of a request handler.
- Most tables now use a consistent style and are both sortable and searchable.
- Added template true/false functions, so it is now quite simple to embed literal JSON into templates.
- The jQuery metadata plugin was removed. Please use the built-in support for HTML5 data attributes instead.
- The last read / last edited objects links in the user profile page have been removed. This information can now be found in the Page views report.
SOLVED: Problems to login with email
Unfortunately an error had snuck into the user name migration process that made it impossible for people that used to log in with their email to do so.
This error has now been resolved.
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
Showing 91-95 of 129