Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 1 - 5 of 117
Bugfixes, tracing identifers, improved metrics and more
Today's update (9899ece) brings with it the follow changes:
- Updated third-party SSL/TLS modules to support OpenSSL 1.1 properly.
- Diminished the number metrics emitted from the queue worker when new jobs are created.
- A tracing identifier is now generated and added to all HTTP requests, allowing for more in-depth analysis when issues are encountered.
- Improved database restore script allowing for point-in-time recovery.
- Fixed issue with accidental overwriting of config set entries, site config entries and user config entries.
- Fixed issue with course rebuilt timestamp not being updated when course is rebuilt.
- Previously plain text files created in Notepad with default encoding would be detected as UTF-8, which was wrong. They should now detect properly as ISO-8859-1 (Latin1).
Today's update (d75be48) brings with it the following changes:
- Operating system of all servers upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04. This was part of a larger process to migrate away from the soon-to-be unsupported Ubuntu 14.04 version.
- Fixed a race condition in the wav2mp3 request handler that could sometimes cause the playback of voice recordings to not play back on the initial attempt.
Improved database backup solution
Today's update (a195d1b) brings with it the following backend changes (no user-facing changes were added in this update):
- The database backup solution has been changed from a logical to a physical backup, decreasing page load while the backup is running.
- It is now possible to do point-in-time recovery of the database in case of disasters.
- Testing of template functions was improved.
- Diminished backend logging from ffmpeg when generating video thumbnails.
Fixed server errors on delete_quiz and increased thumbnail timeouts
Today's hotpatch (3b3bbbc) includes these changes:
- Increased number of BlobMachine workers. Should allow fetching of more blobs concurrently.
- It was not possible to remove your saved or sent answers because the
delete_quiz request handler was generating an internal server error. This should now be fixed.
- Increased timeout for
avatar request handlers to 30 seconds, to avoid timeout issues on large video objects.
Fixed thumbnail generation issues, accessibility issues and more
Today's update (e359913) brings with it the following changes:
- Fixed issue with thumbnail request handler sometimes crashing when generating thumbnail from an image object.
- Changed thumbnail request handler to only ever request a single frame when generating thumbnail from a video object. It still crashes when trying to generate thumbnail from incompatible video objects.
- The font size in the TinyMCE text editor has been changed from 10px to 12px for better readability.
- Refactored a lot of request handlers, ensuring more consistent code. There is a small risk of regressions. Please report any unexpected behavior.
- Performance statistics are now logged in a common format, ensuring consistency with other applications. The old JSON format is no longer used.
- Added missing alt attribute on MP4 video objects, improving accessibility.
- Fixed an issue where alt and title attributes weren't rendered on thumbnails if the value was the empty string or the value
- The template function
get_group_member_count() now properly returns an array, even when the array contains only a single item.
- Fixed wrong documentation on several request handlers.
Showing 1-5 of 117