Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 121 - 125 of 136
New talkbook request handler and various bugfixes
This update (5428e04) brings with it the following changes:
- New feature: Talkbook MP3 URL request handler. Makes it almost trivial to link to a sound in the talkbook repository.
- Improvement: Talkbook URLs now use locale en_GB instead of en_UK.
- Improvement: HTTP response mode now includes a basic error message in the body.
- Bugfix: Fixed an ordering and header object bug in our container duplication script.
- Bugfix: Fixed an exception in configuration set manager.
- Bugfix: Group dropdown box in collection now sorts by owner and group name, not just by group name.
Features galore: Statistics on questions, job notification msg +
Today's update (b863b8e4) brings with it the following changes:
- New feature: Statistics on how questions are answered are now available to object owners. Have a look in the Edit menu at the top of the screen when you're looking at a specific object. There should be a new entry there called Observations. Currently you're only seeing the complete score of each user that delivered answers, but there is a whole lot more of details being saved. More detailed reports will be possible in an upcoming release.
- New feature: Backend CEFR placement test report generator. Can be run on request to generate detailed information about the responses from CEFR test candidates.
- New feature: Anyone related to an institution can now see basic information about the institution.
New feature: The forgotten password URL can now be overidden on a site-by-site basis.
- New feature: It is now possible to add a social media sharing button (AddThis) to any template.
- New feature: Flash applications can now specify a config value in custom_init that can be used to specify the location of a configuration file.
- New feature: Unpacking zip files and transcoding video now sends a message with status information to the user after completion.
- New feature: Added the following new translation languages required by Mot Målet: Kurdish (Iran), Persian (Iran), Tigrinya (Ethiopia), Russian (Russia), Thai (Thailand).
- Improvement: Upgraded to jQuery 1.6 and jQuery UI 1.8.13. This is a maintenance/stability upgrade.
- Improvement: quiz_alert() now uses modern jQuery UI modal dialog instead of simple alert().
- Improvement: Upgraded the icon set to IconExperience V-Collection 2.0. The overall look should be a little bit more modern. Several icons have also been changed to better represent their function.
- Improvement: Quiz of type radio now emits error message if options parameter is missing.
- Bugfix: Uploaded Java applets should now be detected properly.
- Bugfix: TIFF images should now properly detect width and height.
- Bugfix: Invalid quiz() type will now count as a non-scoring question.
- Bugfix: Autogenerated messages should now be presented in the recipient's user interface language, not in the sender's language.
- Bugfix: Fixed a NOT FOUND (404) error related to the search inside a course feature.
- Bugfix: Going one level up in the file selector works again.
- Bugfix: Quiz of type matchbox now plays audio after reshuffle.
- Feature removal: The compatibility IE6 GIF icon set has been removed.
List of the most active bloggers available
Today's update to version 5ede731 brings with it the following changes:
- Improved performance: Most active/most read bloggers' list is now usable.
- Bugfix: Institution list on welcome page and in user profile now sorts according to user interface language.
WYSIWYG editor finally working with Internet Explorer 9
Today's update (version 4358a94) brings with it the following changes:
- API change: Template attribute course.root_container was removed, use root_data instead.
- API change: Template attribute group.parent_container was removed, use parent_data instead.
- Security change: Lesedilla TTS feature is now available to anonymous users.
- Bugfix: Institutions, groups and users are now sorted according to user's language in most places.
- Bugfix: Upgraded to TinyMCE 3.4.2. Should fix problems with Internet Explorer 9.
- Performance improvement: Listing institutions should be much faster.
- Layout improvement: Course membership display in user profile reimplemented. Should be easier to understand.
- Information improvement: The group list now lists all related groups for the user, not just global groups.
- New feature: It is now possible to list the 25 most active/popular bloggers for a given institution.
- New feature: PIN code series (and shared PIN codes) can now be deactivated on a given date. Some other information can also be modified after creation.
- New feature: New request handler for getting price information on books (by ISBN) from several websites.
- New feature: Added generic Google Analytics code block. Activate on any site by setting the configuration variable google_analytics_id to the UA-XXX code from Google. Remember to remove any existing Google Analytics tracking code you might have been using in the site template.
UPDATE 2011-04-29 19:45: The update has been completed successfully.
Performance improvements finally coming!
2011-03-25 21:00 CET: The update has now been completed.
The software update being performed today (version b8b14e9) brings with it a lot of improvements. Administrators will specifically like this update, as it brings with it several performance improvements. Read below for more details.
- New feature: Search for objects/folders within course content.
- New feature: Search for objects/folders within a given folder.
- New feature: Search for objects/folders within a given site (from site's root folder).
- New feature: Search for objects/folders in the entire database.
- New feature: Parent institution can now be specified.
- New feature: Contact manager can now be used for selecting users, groups and institutions. It is also much easier to use from a template.
- Performance improvement: Search responses with lots of hits now respond faster.
- Performance improvement: Search within site should be much faster.
- Performance improvement: Listing the contents of folders should be somewhat faster.
- Performance improvement: Listing institutions should be quite a lot faster.
- Performance improvement: Using the assign to group action inside collection should now respond in reasonable time.
- Performance improvement: Listing course/student/teacher connections should be significantly faster.
- Performance improvement: Listing courses should be faster.
- Performance improvement: Managing site folders should be significantly faster.
- Performance improvement: Managing course content should be quite faster.
- Performance improvement: Internet Explorer 9 users now benefit from GZip compression on all content.
- Performance improvement: Removed unnecessary GZip compression on static images and MP3 files.
- Enhancement: When doing search within course or folder, the folder menu (usually on the left of the screen) is now populated with the currently searched folder.
- Enhancement: When adding/editing an institution, searching for owner and institution now uses contact manager.
- Enhancement: It is now possible to unpack zip archives with file names in either UTF8 or ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) encoding.
- Enhancement: Bundled jQuery library updated to 1.5.1.
- Enhancement: Bundled jQuery UI library updated to 1.8.9.
- Enhancement: Bundled SoundManager2 library updated to 2.97.
- Permission change: Search within folder is now available to anonymous users.
- Bugfix: Disabled HTML5 audio with SoundManager on IE9. Should fix MP3 playback issue.
- Bugfix: Fixed problem with playback of multiple sounds concurrently (Lesedilla).
- Bugfix: Word audio playback feature now skips iframes and form elements (Lesedilla).
- Bugfix: Fixed internal server error in configuration set management workflow.
- Bugfix: TinyMCE (the WYSIWYG editor) should now be served with a versioned URL (should fix potential caching problems).
- Bugfix: Thumbnail URL generation in file chooser now uses versioned URL (should fix potential caching problems).
Showing 121-125 of 136