Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 81 - 85 of 97
Finally fixing the problematic IE7/8 crashes
Today's update (b631845) brings with it only one change, namely the bugfix for the Internet Explorer 7 and 8 crash on Windows XP and Vista.
The problems was caused by bugs in a third party library named jQuery. Upgrading jQuery to version 1.6.4 solved the problem, according to our testing.
If you're still having problems after this upgrade we appreciate feedback through the normal support channels.
New talkbook request handler and various bugfixes
This update (5428e04) brings with it the following changes:
- New feature: Talkbook MP3 URL request handler. Makes it almost trivial to link to a sound in the talkbook repository.
- Improvement: Talkbook URLs now use locale en_GB instead of en_UK.
- Improvement: HTTP response mode now includes a basic error message in the body.
- Bugfix: Fixed an ordering and header object bug in our container duplication script.
- Bugfix: Fixed an exception in configuration set manager.
- Bugfix: Group dropdown box in collection now sorts by owner and group name, not just by group name.
Features galore: Statistics on questions, job notification msg +
Today's update (b863b8e4) brings with it the following changes:
- New feature: Statistics on how questions are answered are now available to object owners. Have a look in the Edit menu at the top of the screen when you're looking at a specific object. There should be a new entry there called Observations. Currently you're only seeing the complete score of each user that delivered answers, but there is a whole lot more of details being saved. More detailed reports will be possible in an upcoming release.
- New feature: Backend CEFR placement test report generator. Can be run on request to generate detailed information about the responses from CEFR test candidates.
- New feature: Anyone related to an institution can now see basic information about the institution.
New feature: The forgotten password URL can now be overidden on a site-by-site basis.
- New feature: It is now possible to add a social media sharing button (AddThis) to any template.
- New feature: Flash applications can now specify a config value in custom_init that can be used to specify the location of a configuration file.
- New feature: Unpacking zip files and transcoding video now sends a message with status information to the user after completion.
- New feature: Added the following new translation languages required by Mot Målet: Kurdish (Iran), Persian (Iran), Tigrinya (Ethiopia), Russian (Russia), Thai (Thailand).
- Improvement: Upgraded to jQuery 1.6 and jQuery UI 1.8.13. This is a maintenance/stability upgrade.
- Improvement: quiz_alert() now uses modern jQuery UI modal dialog instead of simple alert().
- Improvement: Upgraded the icon set to IconExperience V-Collection 2.0. The overall look should be a little bit more modern. Several icons have also been changed to better represent their function.
- Improvement: Quiz of type radio now emits error message if options parameter is missing.
- Bugfix: Uploaded Java applets should now be detected properly.
- Bugfix: TIFF images should now properly detect width and height.
- Bugfix: Invalid quiz() type will now count as a non-scoring question.
- Bugfix: Autogenerated messages should now be presented in the recipient's user interface language, not in the sender's language.
- Bugfix: Fixed a NOT FOUND (404) error related to the search inside a course feature.
- Bugfix: Going one level up in the file selector works again.
- Bugfix: Quiz of type matchbox now plays audio after reshuffle.
- Feature removal: The compatibility IE6 GIF icon set has been removed.
List of the most active bloggers available
Today's update to version 5ede731 brings with it the following changes:
- Improved performance: Most active/most read bloggers' list is now usable.
- Bugfix: Institution list on welcome page and in user profile now sorts according to user interface language.
WYSIWYG editor finally working with Internet Explorer 9
Today's update (version 4358a94) brings with it the following changes:
- API change: Template attribute course.root_container was removed, use root_data instead.
- API change: Template attribute group.parent_container was removed, use parent_data instead.
- Security change: Lesedilla TTS feature is now available to anonymous users.
- Bugfix: Institutions, groups and users are now sorted according to user's language in most places.
- Bugfix: Upgraded to TinyMCE 3.4.2. Should fix problems with Internet Explorer 9.
- Performance improvement: Listing institutions should be much faster.
- Layout improvement: Course membership display in user profile reimplemented. Should be easier to understand.
- Information improvement: The group list now lists all related groups for the user, not just global groups.
- New feature: It is now possible to list the 25 most active/popular bloggers for a given institution.
- New feature: PIN code series (and shared PIN codes) can now be deactivated on a given date. Some other information can also be modified after creation.
- New feature: New request handler for getting price information on books (by ISBN) from several websites.
- New feature: Added generic Google Analytics code block. Activate on any site by setting the configuration variable google_analytics_id to the UA-XXX code from Google. Remember to remove any existing Google Analytics tracking code you might have been using in the site template.
UPDATE 2011-04-29 19:45: The update has been completed successfully.
Showing 81-85 of 97