Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 81 - 85 of 131
E-portal deadlock login issue fixed + JSON response mode
This update (a884aed) brings with it the following changes:
- It is now possible to fetch most of the variable information available to templates by prefixing the URL path with json/. Be aware that errors will be reported in a JSON key named response, and you should always verify that the response code is valid before using the data returned.
- Front page information is now available in JSON response mode.
- Minmize the amount of user modifications made during e-portal syncronization. Should speed up e-portal single-sign-on quite a lot.
- Speed up login, logout and e-portal single-sign-on by avoiding session refresh.
- Speed up page views somewhat by not refreshing session information when fetching search providers.
- All database statements now time out after 1m45sec. This should ensure you always see a human-understandable error message instead of the generic "application server is unavailable" message. It should also ensure that requests that take too much time stop executing when the user receives an error.
- Any file uploaded with the extension .json (or mime type explicitly set to application/json) is now returned with character set to UTF-8.
- They online request handler leaked session identifiers. This security issue has been fixed.
- Lock user database table during e-portal single-sign-on to avoid concurrent updates to user table. Should avoid deadlocks.
- Normal folders were supposed to be ordered by sort number first, then alphabetical by default, but the index number was ignored. This should now work as expected.
- When using an embed() template function, the arguments passed did not show up as variables if the object contained references to it. This should now be fixed.
Fix character encoding issue with quiz assignments
It was reported to us that when students submitted quiz assignments, the text they entered was displayed with broken character set when the teacher performed their assessment. This problem has now been corrected.
The server is now running release 66e5705.
Minor correction to user activity report
It has come to our attention that the total user activity number had a slight irregularity. It turned out that the day that was exactly 4 weeks old was not included in the total activity number. This error has now been corrected.
The server is now running release 66469e5.
D-bok web reader working again
It turns out the HTTP status code change introduced in the previous update caused the d-bok web reader to not work properly for new users (and some existing users as well).
We've changed the HTTP status code when using XML response mode back to the previous behavior. The d-bok web reader should again work for all users.
The server is now running release ee40f5a.
Improved voice recorder, file manager and much more
Today's update (f26f6ff) brings the following changes:
- It is now possible to use voice recording exercises in CEFR speech and conversation categories.
- In the CEFR test, it's now possible to attach the voice recordings in the final report that is sent by email.
- The recorder() template function now supports saving as well. It is also possible to specify title, description, and if the recording should be accessible for all users. It is also possible to specify which document the recording originated from and where to redirect on success. You can also hide specific form fields if wanted.
- Added boolean config variable hide_supervisor_info. If set to a true value, the error message about missing supervisor should no longer display.
- When uploading JSON files, they should be detected as application/json and set to UTF8 encoding.
- Cleaned up and modernized the file manager user interface significantly.
- The Flash-based voice recorder has been almost completely rewritten, and should be much more robust now. It should also have slightly better audio quality.
- The large audio player used when playing back WAV and MP3 files now shows time elapsed and has a slider you can use to move around during playback.
- Group search now allows searching for just a single letter.
- It is now possible to see all of the icons in all of the themes available in the icon list.
- Made use of the Java-based voice recorder ListenUp slightly more robust.
- Improved the speed of the file manager by using an AJAX request for the group search.
- The Site folders user interface should be significantly faster.
- Icon rendering should be substantially faster, as all icon information is preloaded when the server is started.
- Code improvements should generally improve data access slightly everywhere, making especially large lists and tables faster.
- Ensure UTF8 content is handled properly when updating object content.
- Serialized XML and HTML in configuration variables should now output correctly in XML response mode.
- Use locale-dependent title of containers and objects everywhere if specified. In some situations the primary title was used instead of the localized one.
- Image thumbnails should now render with the proper aspect in object edit view.
- Fixed a problem that occurred if a template had an error, the line number shown in the error message was off-by-one.
Showing 81-85 of 131