Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 96 - 100 of 129
Improved report performance and email hidden everywhere
This update (e9c70bb3) brings these changes:
- Institution administrators can now choose from a list of URLs to include in the welcome email when they register new users. Global administrators should set the site configuration variable allow_site_publishing to a true value to enable the feature on a specific domain.
- Improved the performance of the My students report considerably.
- All new users that register will now get an auto-generated user name if they don't specify one during registration.
- The no_framework template variable is now globally available.
- Remove display of email in all reports.
- A one-time process has been executed to clean up invalid email and user name on all users. It auto-generated a user name on all users that had their email set as their user name.
Object cycle (image of the week) feature
This update (ac2cf8f) brings with it the following changes:
- Ability to change the content of a document based on intervals. You use it by embedding an object normally into a document, and then set the custom_init variable cycle_object to the objects identifier and specifying a timeout value for the cycle_interval. This will automatically cycle all the objects in the same folder as the initial object whenever the interval expires.
- The chat window will now open in a new window/tab by default.
- When sending an audio recording to your supervisor, the message editing step is skipped and the message is sent directly.
- Resizing of the chat window will no longer cause the content to disappear.
- Removed use of HTML cleanup on document preview.
- A blank entry that was present in the folder menu when using a header object is now gone.
Real-time chat available!
The update installed today (50d27a4) has these changes:
- The real-time web-based chat feature is finally here! You can find it on the communication top menu.
- It should now be a bit more obvious how to start Skype appointments from the calendar.
A few bugfixes related to the new calendar feature
Todays update (840ab02) includes these changes:
- Internet Explorer showed calendar events in the wrong time zone. This has been fixed.
- Some buttons in the calendar was always shown in English. They are now properly showing in the user's language.
Forum comments in HTML and multiple bugfixes for IE7/8
The update performed today (e66da2a) contains the following improvements:
- Templates can now easily include user thumbnails with the avatar() template function.
- It is now possible to quite easily to list a configurable amount of blog posts from a specific institution in any template.
- Object/forum comment layout has been cleaned up and modernized. A user thumbnail has also been added. Comments can now also contain HTML and TT markup. They can be authored with the normal WYSIWYG editor.
- Upgraded to TinyMCE 3.5.6. This should improve browser compatibility.
- Ensure calendar events show up in Internet Explorer 7 and 8.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the quiz editor from working in Internet Explorer 7.
Showing 96-100 of 129