Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 6 - 10 of 133
Improved email validation and other bugfixes
Today's update (a6933a0) brings with it the following changes:
- Improved pin registration request handler to show email validation error.
- Fixed error when nickname is longer than 100 characters.
- Show error message when email is already taken.
Improved message reading experience and other accessibility improvements
Today's update (5b56347) brings with it the following changes:
- Back button was added in the message reading pane, so that user can go back to their corresponding location.
- Improved accessibility in object/container button bar.
- A lot of the database queries have been refactored, which should make them more robust. There is also a slightly higher risk of regressions.
- Active tab selection in message reading pane has better usability.
- New message link in message reading pane can now be clicked.
- Removed unwanted "Unread" button from outbox message reading.
Improved object editor workflow and fixed user membership issues
Today's update (6b463a0) brings with it the following changes:
- Now avoids non-read permissions assigned to anonymous user.
- Increased hardware resources to handle additional load because of home-schooling situation.
- Enabled teachers to save edits without notifying student until the document is ready.
- Added assessment plugin to object editor, which enables teachers to highlight different parts of the text with color and information.
- Improved voice recorder app to use current browser APIs for microphone access.
- The add new site behavior has been improved to avoid accidential overwriting of site information.
- The notify supervisor feature in the object editor has a simpler user experience.
- Improved process-oriented document writing workflow by allowing the description field to be used as a comment for author.
- Improved readability of object editor contents by increasing line height.
- Fixed accessibility issues in synthetic speech user interface.
- Some buttons in the user profile page now have improved accessibility.
- Large resolution video can now be played without overlapping the viewport. This isssue should now be fixed.
- Fixed issue with no memberships being shown in user profile if e-Portal user isn't a member of any institution groups.
- Fixed issue where administrator role from e-Portal is turned into an institution and course administrator role. Now it properly assigns the supervisor role in the same situation.
- Fixed an issue in the message reading pane where the delete or mark as unread button would redirect to new message instead of back to list.
Improve messaging and Google Chrome cookie behavior fixes
Today's update (40f90ea39) brings with it the following changes:
- Google Chrome v80 made changes to SameSite cookie behavior. The SameSite attribute on cookies is used to control cross-domain behavior. All cookies are now set to
Samesite=Lax, but session cookies are explicitly set to
- Talkbook sound files are now served with CORS headers. This solves a playback issue with translation audio files used in D-bok.
- HTTPS certificates are now issued using LetsEncrypt ACMEv2.
- Updated to the latest Perl toolchain. This might give minor performance improvements.
- Added conversation view for messages. Now users can see all of the conversations they have had with another person on a single page.
- Added inline attachment option to new message screen, now user can upload new file or choose any existing object as attachment to a message. Where you want to store the uploaded attachment can be chosen.
- Message reply status is now available in the messaging system.
- Messaging inbox/outbox search query is sticky now, it remembers what you have searched when you re-enter the page.
- Accessibility of the sound player has been improved.
- Accessibility of the
manage_language template function has been improved.
- Fixed user-interface inconsistency with tab navigation in messaging feature.
- Fixed inability to navigate cells in quiz type matchbox with keyboard.
- Added reference documentation for:
- Template behavior
- BlobMachine behavior
- User collection and permission manager behavior
- User, object and quiz container models
- CSV parsing, captcha validation, business metric logging, pagination, macro and talkbook libraries
Migration from Rackspace to Azure data center
The entire system has been moved from the Rackspace London data center to the Azure North European data center.
Contact support if any unexpected issues that might be related to this migration happen.
Showing 6-10 of 133