Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 41 - 45 of 114
Fixed regressions in MP3 audio player
Today's hotpatch (5806a47) fixes the following regressions:
- The MP3 audio player was eating DOM elements, causing lots of different kinds of errors. This should now be fixed.
Enabled sending links to any objects and some bugfixes
Today's hotpatch (08fd291) has the following changes:
- It's now possible to send links to objects you don't have access to, making it possible for teachers to easily send a link to a student asking them for permissions.
- The recipient in the To column in the outbox was not shown. The sender's name was shown instead. This has now been fixed.
- It was previously possible to iterate through containers forever by specifying an ever-increasing
list_start value to the read_container request handler. This should now emit an error.
Hotpatch to address bugs since last update
Today's hotpatch (3e3544b) brings with it the following changes:
- The poor performance of the My students report since last update has been fixed. It should now render in less than a second for most users.
- The My contacts sidebar should render somewhat faster.
Improved performance for several reports and several other enhancements
Today's update (1234623) brings with it the following changes:
- All request handlers that support search queries now need a minimum of three characters to be valid. The search syntax is now consistently validated before it is passed on to the database.
- The My students report has been improved. It should now render faster.
- The group members report has been optimized quite a lot and should no longer cause timeouts for groups with excessively large member count. If more than 100 table rows are shown then icons are skipped to improve speed. If more than a 1000 users are shown then they are not collectable.
- The inbox/outbox should now be much more performant. The local template variables are also much more consistent. The HTTP API has been slightly changed (related to pagination).
- Automatically-generated messages older than a year will now be automatically deleted.
- The Course result report now shows the total time used in the course.
- The continous summary table in Page views report has been hidden behind the
enable_page_views_live_report user configuration variable. It is off by default.
- The MP3 audio player can now be configured to place the label, slider and buttons in whatever order you want it. The currently-playing audio player is now targetable with a CSS class.
- Global and system groups are now shown in the user profile, if the user is a member of them.
- The following request handlers now support ignorable path parameters before the UUID:
Feature removals / deprecations
flash-settings object types were removed. Existing objects have been changed to type
flash-data object types were removed. Existing objects have been changed to type
HTTPS security fixes, institution blog and object locking performance fixes and much more
Today's update (1b977e1) brings with it the following changes:
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7-8.1 is not able to connect to HTTPS servers which use large Diffie-Hellmann primes. Changed to smaller primes which are compatible with Windows 7-8.1. Windows 10 was not impacted by this issue.
- LeseWeb (synthetic speech) is now accessed via HTTPS URLs to mitigate a mixed-content warning.
- HTTPS SSLv3 protocol was disabled to mitigate the POODLE attack.
get_institution_blog(t) handlers caused timeout whenever they were used. This was one of the main reasons why the system has been slow the last few weeks. This should now be fixed.
- Storage container size is no longer calculated when objects are modified. This was the cause of a massive locking issue on the entire object table each time an object was modified. This should radically improve performance and concurrency when working with long transactions which modify objects (e.g. recursive deletions).
- Added a button to copy identifier directly to the clipboard. Enable it with the boolean user configuration variable
- When you're editing an object it is now possible to see which course the object belongs to on the permissions tab. You will only see courses you're an editor for.
wav2mp3(r) handler now uses proper caching, allowing HTTP 304 NOT MODIFIED responses. This should improve rendering speed of playback of voice recordings. It is no longer possible to specify multiple objects or a WAV file URL to this handler. The object identifier can now also be specified as part of the URL path.
watermark(r) handlers have also been refactored to be more performant. A backend common cache directory is used instead of storing the cached representation together with the primary file.
- When you try to delete users that have delivered quiz assignments, it should no longer trigger a database exception.
ar_SY locale now has right-to-left text direction properly defined.
- UTF8/16/32 BOM text encoding detection was partially broken. This should now be fixed.
- Fixed a bug where content was not saved properly when creating new spreadsheet objects.
Showing 41-45 of 114