Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 31 - 35 of 95
CEFR placement test usage report, JSON response bugfix, updated video player, and more
Today's update (2ef4099) brings with it the following changes:
- A report showing how many CEFR placement tests have been completed has been added. The report is only available to global administrators and owners of the specified groups. The groups included in the report is specified in the global configuration value
- Added back-end tool
take_ownership. With this tool ownership on institutions, groups, courses, containers and objects can be quickly changed recursively.
- Added region-agnostic Arabic user-interface language with locale code
ar_001 to replace the region-specific code
ar_001. The code
ar_001 has been demoted to a content language. When rendered in HTML markup, the new code
ar_001 will show up as a
lang="ar" attribute. As this locale has no region associated with it, a white flag is used where required.
- Updated video player to mediaelement.js 2.18.1 for better compatibility with newer browsers.
- Extended database to handle locale codes longer than 5 characters. This was required by the Arabic change mentioned above.
- Fixed issue where JSON response text sometimes would return garbled Unicode text (Mojibake) and the wrong content length. Returning the wrong Content-Length HTTP header would cause all sorts of hard-to-debug issues, usually related to keep-alive connections and invalid byte boundaries. All use-cases where
encode_json() was used have been reviewed and fixed.
- When a user was removed from an institution, they might not have their student/supervisor relationship revoked. This bug should now be fixed.
Feature removals / deprecations
- The user-interface language
ar_001 has been demoted into a content language. You should use the locale code
ar_001 instead for setting UI language.
Hotpatch to fix broken file uploader and more
A small hotpatch (c0e693f) was applied today to fix a few issues from yesterday's update.
Several sites had issues because the page wrapper for all request handlers wasn't named properly, causing several styles and scripts to misbehave. The sites were issues were reported were Klart det and Los geht's. The file uploader and the move feature in the file manager were also reported as broken. All of these issues were solved by naming the page wrapper properly.
It was noticed that localized titles were broken in many places, because of invalid XML LOM data. The error handling was improved to show a flash error message to the end-user instead of just logging in the server log. This should enable us to fix the issue more quickly in the future.
New PDF watermark feature, rewritten text output handling and several bugfixes
Today's update (631f59d) brings with it the following changes:
- A new feature was added, making it possible to add a unique text to each downloaded PDF file. This feature is enabled by adding add_watermark=1 to an object's custom_init variables. PDFs available to anonymous users will never have a watermark added.
- Completely refactor code used to generate HTTP responses for text content because of inconsistent text encoding semantics.
- Centralize the generation of the Content-Disposition HTTP header to ensure standard compliance.
- Improved the error message if no content was generated from a request handler.
- Added flash error message if script objects throw exceptions. Also removed old method of conveying errors.
- Default content type used by textual content in read request handler changed to be text/plain instead of application/octet-stream.
- The thumbnail request handler would sometimes return the wrong Content-Length if client had already cached content.
- Fixed internal server error if SVG with broken XML markup was displayed. Now the correct error message is shown.
- Fixed several situations where we could be causing mojibake (garbled text) because of broken text encoding:
- Object type link with non-ASCII text in URL.
- Objects with use_resolve_path=1 in custom_init and a non-ASCII file name.
Feature removals / deprecations
- Several XSL files not used in built-in code were removed.
New HTML5-based voice recorder, more API documentation and bugfixes
Today's update (0b2075d) brings with it the following changes:
- The voice recorder now utilizes HTML5 Web Audio support if your browser is capable. If you use a browser with HTML5 Web Audio support you're also able to pause and resume your recording.
- A new template function, gen_uuid(), was added to generate unique identifiers inside templates.
- It's now possible to debug how the Flash/HTML5-based voice recorder is behaving. Set the configuration variable debug_app_recorder to a true value if you need it. It is disabled by default. It can be used on all configuration levels.
- More API documentation for template functions were added. Also slightly improved layout of code snippets.
- Some SVG files were not detected properly. This has now been fixed. SVG dimension detection has also been improved.
- If your user-interface language was set to Danish, all enhanced tables didn't render properly. This has been fixed.
- Native Portfolio popups didn't disable default click behavior (bubbling). It should now.
- If multiple voice recorder instances with different configurations were present on a single page, then the on-upload-behavior would always come from the last instance's configuration. This has now been fixed.
New feature to upload profile photo, improved access key form, developer documentation and several bugfixes
This update (775d824) brings with it the following changes:
- The access key form will now automatically log you in if you specify an existing email address and password. It will also redirect back to the front page or to a user-specified URL properly.
- Added new feature that makes it simple for a user to upload their photo and set their avatar.
- Frontend developer reference documentation framework has been created and some reference documentation has been added. Some backend documentation is also available to global administrators. More documentation will come in a future update.
- New template function get_system_group_id.
- Some request handlers can now skip rendering the main page title (H1 element), but still show the page title. The user profile request handler and documentation handler uses this new feature.
- The tables used to list the developer documentation now has improved usability. You can now quickly filter using incremental search.
- The file uploader is now more flexible. You can specify extension filter, file permission and callback function.
- Completely redesigned the visual layout of the Message of the Day page section. Should look more modern now. This style is always included in page, so sites using no_default_design override don't need to worry about designing it.
- The MOTD will no longer show for a brief moment and then be hidden if the user has decided to hide it.
- Improved anchor button style. Should look more like a button now.
- Fixed bug which could cause loss of information in manage site containers request handler.
- The event tracking of sound files didn't create a usable label in the Google Analytics report. This should now be fixed.
- The width of the title field in the content editor and the text box in the score feedback handlers have been fixed.
- The left margin on paragraph and header text wasn't consistent because we were using EM units. This has been fixed by changing to pixel units.
- If both the description and body content had broken HTML in the content editor, it was impossible to toggle code view for body content. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed several bugs related to avatar display in user profile.
- The configuration edit feature in the user profile was broken if an administrator was looking at a user profile. Only the user itself can edit their configuration. Links that allowed this broken behavior was removed.
- The MOTD will no longer be styled wrong in print view.
Showing 31-35 of 95