Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 36 - 40 of 134
Fixing regressions with new quiz() XHR submit feature
A minor update (dc8cdd4) was performed today to fix regressions with the new behavior for quiz submission using XHR.
User session limit introduced, Flash rendering bugfixes and more
Today's update (42590a8) brings with it the following changes:
- User sharing has never been allowed in Portfolio. It could sometimes cause performance issues that would impact the page response time of the entire system. A security feature was implemented that blocks a user from being logged in more than five places at the same time.
- Several database queries that work with arrays was changed to avoid generating very long queries. Now they use bind variables instead, which should be faster and cause less logging overhead.
- Objects that use
quiz() template functions can now be rendered with a submit button outside of the
read request handler. You need to set the
embed template function parameter
1 to use this feature. When it is activated, the quiz form will be submitted using XHR/AJAX instead of generating a page load.
- The user-interface in the object/container selector was changed from using multiple confirmation buttons to a single OK button and multiple radio buttons used to choose the insert method.
- When the object selector is used from TinyMCE the object you've highlighted in the editor is now selected in the object selector.
- The list of fully translated user-interface languages can now be customized. The site configuration variable
translated_ui_languages contains a comma-separated list of additional languages that should be supported on the site. This should solve the issue on CEFR sites that couldn't use German translations before logging in.
- More API documentation for request handlers was added.
- In recent versions of Chrome, the iframe-based method of embedding Flash content no longer works. The way Flash (.swf) content is embedded on the page has been changed to be compatible. The
use_resolve_path object custom_init parameter no longer has any purpose and can be removed. All Flash files now resolve relative file references based on the .swf object itself.
- Fixed navigation issue with add comment button on minvei.no
- Fixed issue with keyboard events not noticed by ping timer inside TinyMCE edit window.
- Fixed issue with non-HTTPS URLs being returned from LeseWEB API server preventing usage of synthetic speech feature.
quiz_timer() template function has been refactored into something that works with the new quiz form.
- Fixed issue in object selector when width and height was customized. It previously wasn't included in the injected HTML. Now it is. It now supports all CSS units.
- Fixed an issue where PIPE signal could interrupt WAVE to MP3 transcoding in an unexpected way.
Feature removals / deprecations
- The Flash plugin checker code was completely removed, as it no longer instructs modern browsers to initiate a Flash runtime download dialog anymore.
- The older Flash-based MP3 playback engine (musicplayer) used in the object selector was removed. The existing HTML5-based audio player (SoundManager2) is now used in the object selector. The musicplayer 3rd party component was removed.
read request handler query parameter
ignore_resolve_path was removed. The old method of embedding Flash content (.swf) was the only code that used it.
- The metadata panel in the object/container selector wasn't really used for anything, so it was removed.
- The title and uuid insert method options in the object/container selector were removed, as they weren't useful.
Fixed issues after yesterday's update
This update (293e7d9) brings with it the follow changes:
- CEFR reports to multiple recipients were not allowed. This has now been fixed.
- When editing documents with template code in them, template code could be encoded incorrectly. This should now be fixed.
Reimplemented selector and quiz editor, lots of bugfixes and more
This update (4bed6c98f) brings with it the following changes:
- Unicode control characters are now stripped from plain-text input fields to protect against certain types of injection attacks.
- Added script used to transcode all RIFF WAVE objects to MP3. This script will run regularly to ensure uploaded wave files don't take up too much space.
- Our TinyMCE plugins, the object/container selector and quiz editor, have been refactored extensively.
- The code is now much more understandable and layout has been cleaned up quite a lot.
- Various unimplemented behavior has been removed.
- The template code parser has been made much more robust and simpler, allowing for further improvements in the future. It has also been separated out into a separate TinyMCE plugin.
- Resizing of the dialog windows now expand the appropriate sections properly.
- Popup windows now show up on the same monitor as the main window in multi-monitor setups.
- Styles for these two dialog windows are in the behavior stylesheet, so that they are always available and consistent on any site.
- User interfaces for the plugins are now implemented in the
request_quiz_editor templates, allowing for better localization and more.
- TinyMCE language packs are no longer needed, allowing for somewhat faster loading.
- Quiz editor playback language now defaults to current content language.
- Quiz editor preview feature is now located on the quiz type image instead of a separate button.
- Object selector preview thumbnail no longer generate invalid size warnings because of CSS units.
- The existing HTML5 uploader is used in the object selector which enables drag-n-drop uploading, progress indicator and multiple file upload during file selection.
- The object/container selector is now easier to use from other code. The metadata for the selected element in the selector can now be dispatched to a user-supplied callback function.
- It is now possible to navigate in the object/container selector using the keyboard. Arrow keys, Up/Down, Home/End and Enter/Backspace can be used to navigate the tree with ease.
- The tab pages in the object selector now uses jQuery UI tabs instead of TinyMCE tabs.
- Object selector now uses browser-native color selector.
- There is still an issue in the object/container selector where double-click events are not properly handled on mobile devices. They trigger page zoom instead. This is not a new issue introduced by the refactoring.
- Simplified code in
- Disabling/enabling DOM elements is now done using jQuery
selector request handler now has a boolean variable called
tinymce_mode which is set to true when called from the TinyMCE plugin.
list_log request handler has been converted to use jQuery DataTables plugin, more consistent with other user interfaces. Now allows sorting on date.
- Improved talkbook feature to not require sound files to be present on web worker nodes, simplifying deployment. The talkbook feature can now be automatically tested. Multiple variants of the same word is now made available to code that uses it instead of just the first variant.
- The login page displayed when the anonymous user doesn't have access now always contain a link to the forgotten password page, allowing for easier password recovery.
- Fixed invalid CSS border shorthand syntax.
- An obscure bug when using TT BLOCK constructs together with
process_template() TT function has been fixed.
- Fixed a long-standing layout issue with the
- Adjustment functions that work with the standard layout exit early if DOM elements are not present in the page.
- Added support for Spanish user-interface language properly. It impacted CEFR sites.
- Tables rendered using jQuery DataTables now support Spanish language.
- Tightened the valid email regular expression, avoiding some forms of invalid emails, minimizing mail server errors.
Feature removals / deprecations
- The WebFX ColumnList library is no longer used anywhere, so it was removed.
pf_ordbok TinyMCE plugin was no longer used anywhere. It has been removed.
- Renamed use of
tinymce. This should've been done when migrating from TinyMCE version 2 to version 3.
- The object/container selector UI is no longer implemented using an XSL template. The
list_element XSL template was removed.
- The update metadata on server and create folder features in the object/container selector has been removed. They never did anything.
Fixed issue with formatting of timestamps from database
There was a small issue with formatting of timestamps coming from the database that was not fixed in the update that was deployed yesterday. This should now be fixed with release cde6b8e.
Showing 36-40 of 134