Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 36 - 40 of 87
Small update for better protection against latency during e-portal login
It was noticed that the most recent update to better protect against service hangs impacted too many users, causing a bit too much latency for unrelated users during e-portal logins. A small modification has been performed to lessen the impact on users not related to the e-portal access group.
The server is now running release 2547292.
E-portal deadlock login issue fixed + JSON response mode
This update (a884aed) brings with it the following changes:
- It is now possible to fetch most of the variable information available to templates by prefixing the URL path with json/. Be aware that errors will be reported in a JSON key named response, and you should always verify that the response code is valid before using the data returned.
- Front page information is now available in JSON response mode.
- Minmize the amount of user modifications made during e-portal syncronization. Should speed up e-portal single-sign-on quite a lot.
- Speed up login, logout and e-portal single-sign-on by avoiding session refresh.
- Speed up page views somewhat by not refreshing session information when fetching search providers.
- All database statements now time out after 1m45sec. This should ensure you always see a human-understandable error message instead of the generic "application server is unavailable" message. It should also ensure that requests that take too much time stop executing when the user receives an error.
- Any file uploaded with the extension .json (or mime type explicitly set to application/json) is now returned with character set to UTF-8.
- They online request handler leaked session identifiers. This security issue has been fixed.
- Lock user database table during e-portal single-sign-on to avoid concurrent updates to user table. Should avoid deadlocks.
- Normal folders were supposed to be ordered by sort number first, then alphabetical by default, but the index number was ignored. This should now work as expected.
- When using an embed() template function, the arguments passed did not show up as variables if the object contained references to it. This should now be fixed.
Fix character encoding issue with quiz assignments
It was reported to us that when students submitted quiz assignments, the text they entered was displayed with broken character set when the teacher performed their assessment. This problem has now been corrected.
The server is now running release 66e5705.
Minor correction to user activity report
It has come to our attention that the total user activity number had a slight irregularity. It turned out that the day that was exactly 4 weeks old was not included in the total activity number. This error has now been corrected.
The server is now running release 66469e5.
D-bok web reader working again
It turns out the HTTP status code change introduced in the previous update caused the d-bok web reader to not work properly for new users (and some existing users as well).
We've changed the HTTP status code when using XML response mode back to the previous behavior. The d-bok web reader should again work for all users.
The server is now running release ee40f5a.
Showing 36-40 of 87