Product news and other information from the developers of Portfolio.
Showing 56 - 60 of 124
HTTPS support, quiz radio inline mode, Google Chrome voice recorder bugfix and more
Today's update (76c9f3d) brings with it the following changes:
- Implement HTTPS support, allowing wildcard certificates and automatically generated certificates using letsencrypt.org.
- A redirect from HTTP to HTTPS is automatically performed if a certificate is available for the domain.
- The web server configuration should give an SSL Labs A rating for all domains.
- Certificates acquired using Let's Encrypt are automatically renewed 30 days before they expire.
- The default certificate name (for clients that don't support TLS SNI) is
- Domains that we explicitly don't want HTTPS for can be excluded.
- A wildcard certificate for portfolio.no and fagbokforlaget.no will arrive shortly.
- Added Arabic Syria (ar_SY) content language code.
inline display mode for quiz type radio. Unfortunately, because of an excessive use of the previous default
block display mode, the default is block (when all other types default to inline). If you want inline display mode for type radio you need to explicitly set
display_mode => 'inline'.
- Improve icon for set default search method.
- Adding HTTPS support should fix the microphone access issue in Google Chrome when using the voice recorder.
- Fix broken select user UI in object/container edit permissions tab.
- Cleanup CSS selectors in request_read_account template.
New exam feature, filesystem(t) skip_custom_init feature and several bugfixes
Today's update (9e9d0c2) brings with it the following changes:
- Improve web server buffering, which should improve latency when a lot of users are requesting large multimedia content, or lots of users with low bandwidth are using the site.
- It is now possible to give time-limited access to a course, similar to a traditional classroom exam. The exam is automatically delivered after the time limit and supervisors are automatically assigned so that they can assess the exam once it's done. Supervisors are notified using the internal messaging system that a new exam is available for assessment. While the exam is active an infobar is added at the top of the page informing you how far you've come and how much time is left. When the exam is started, current_course and current_institution is set. When the exam is delivered (either manually or automatically) all exam documents are automatically delivered.
- A new template function, human_duration, was added, making it easy to convert a duration instance into something easily understandable for end-users.
- The template function, current_exam_participant, was added and is used by the template
- Extend filesystem template function to allow skipping of containers and objects based on a custom_init flag.
- The container
get_child_containers() methods were also extended to support this new filesystem behavior.
- Finally the filesystem and read_container request handlers got the
skip_custom_init query parameter and behavior.
- Improve backend search script so it can match against multiple regular expressions like a filter chain.
- Population of instances in model classes has been vastly improved and refactored to be simpler.
- When results for a course was deleted, progress was not reset to first document in course. This has now been fixed.
- The width of the comment field when assessing assignments was too narrow. This has now been fixed.
EU cookie warning, changed e-portal login procedure and more
Today's update (0e8ab70) brings with it the following changes:
- A legal warning about cookie usage is now shown on top of each page with a link to more extensive documentation. If a site uses custom cookies, the template
request_cookies should be extended to document their use.
- When logging in using the e-portal, only the user that is logging in is now created or linked up (previously associated supervisors or students where also created). This means that only student/supervisor-relationships where both students and supervisors have logged in at least once will be created. It is recommended that teachers log in at least once to one of their products in the e-portal before students log in to ensure connections are set up before students start to use the products.
- The CEFR placement test algorithm has been modified to allow skipping missing documents in the initial categories. This enables use-cases where we only want to test speech-related categories.
- Android, iOS and Microsoft Edge browsers and mobile platforms should now be properly detected, allowing content to be customized for these devices and browsers. Internet Explorer is now detected as
ie instead of
msie. Templates should use the
client_browser.is_ie check instead of the exact name, so content should not be impacted. The same applies to the Windows platform. It now returns the name
windows instead of explicit names for each version of Windows. The check
client_browser.on_windows should always be used in templates.
- Several request handlers now show page titles with the name of the item being edited.
- Increased line-height for code examples in reference documentation to avoid underscores not being rendered.
- Fixed PIN code case-sensitivity bug reported on revisor.portfolio.no.
HTTP range request support, CORS header support and improved API documentation
Today's update (146d133) brings with it the follow changes:
http_access_control_allow_origin. This was requested by the d-bok project.
- The implementation of HTTP range requests for binary content allow the video and audio player to skip ahead in the stream, saving some bandwidth when users are only interested in a specific portion of the stream.
- Support for HTTP range requests (RFC 7233) was added to all binary content served by Portfolio. The
wav2mp3 HTTP request handlers have ranged requests disabled, because the content is dynamically generated. This also means that normal voice recordings performed in the WAV format does not support range requests during playback, because it internally uses the
wav2mp3 request handler. This is because some browsers don't support playback of WAV files using HTML5.
- Additional API documentation. All template handlers should now be documented. A significant portion of the HTTP request handlers have also been documented.
- Binary HTTP responses from Portfolio was refactored, which should give more consistent response in terms of caching behavior.
- Improved the readability of the legend text in the CEFR placement test usage report.
- Google Chrome users were unable to seek in MP4 video files before the entire video file was cached locally and the page was reloaded. This should now work as expected.
CEFR placement test usage report, JSON response bugfix, updated video player, and more
Today's update (2ef4099) brings with it the following changes:
- A report showing how many CEFR placement tests have been completed has been added. The report is only available to global administrators and owners of the specified groups. The groups included in the report is specified in the global configuration value
- Added back-end tool
take_ownership. With this tool ownership on institutions, groups, courses, containers and objects can be quickly changed recursively.
- Added region-agnostic Arabic user-interface language with locale code
ar_001 to replace the region-specific code
ar_001. The code
ar_001 has been demoted to a content language. When rendered in HTML markup, the new code
ar_001 will show up as a
lang="ar" attribute. As this locale has no region associated with it, a white flag is used where required.
- Updated video player to mediaelement.js 2.18.1 for better compatibility with newer browsers.
- Extended database to handle locale codes longer than 5 characters. This was required by the Arabic change mentioned above.
- Fixed issue where JSON response text sometimes would return garbled Unicode text (Mojibake) and the wrong content length. Returning the wrong Content-Length HTTP header would cause all sorts of hard-to-debug issues, usually related to keep-alive connections and invalid byte boundaries. All use-cases where
encode_json() was used have been reviewed and fixed.
- When a user was removed from an institution, they might not have their student/supervisor relationship revoked. This bug should now be fixed.
Feature removals / deprecations
- The user-interface language
ar_001 has been demoted into a content language. You should use the locale code
ar_001 instead for setting UI language.
Showing 56-60 of 124